Things to do during load-shedding:
1. Do any household chores that don't require electricity like washing the dishes or tidying up.
3. Play games like board or card games- you can still have fun
4. Go to bed (this is if it's at night and closer to bed time)
5. Unplug devices, you don't want you appliances and devices to be fried by a possible surge of power when the power gets back.
6. Don't complain on twitter about the power- by now everyone knows we are having load shedding so save your battery
7. Read a book- with this process going on for a bit you might as well catch up on some summer reading
8. If you're at work catch up on your filing or reading that boring manual or report. This of course is dependent on the lighting
9. Catch up on some writing, whether it's a blog post, that novel you've planning to write, a meal plan or even a prayer.
10. Do a crossword puzzle or word search.
This to do when the power gets back on:
1. Check the Eskom website for when the power will be cut next in your area so you can better plan especially for meals.
2. Charge all your devices and rechargeable batteries
3. Keep candles and lighters in a visible place.
4. Keep hot water in the kettle jug or get a flask
5. Stock up on canned foods and other foods that don't require to be cooked first. You don't want to be paying for meals every day.
What other things would you do during load- shedding or in preparation of the next power outage?